✓ President of the Scientific Society SELO Spanish Society of Laser and Phototherapy in Dentistry. (From 1 December 2021). Legislature 2021-2025.
✓ PhD in Dentistry from the University of Salamanca, January 2016. Outstanding “laude”. “Dentin adhesion prepared with laser of Er,Cr:YSGG”PhD
✓ Master of Laser in Dentistry (MLO), from the University of Barcelona (2008-2010) MSc
✓ European Master Degree in Oral Laser Applications. Emdola Program. University of Liege. Belgium (European Programme) (2008-2010)
✓ Diploma of Medical Specialist in Facial Aesthetics ( Complutense University) (2022)
✓ Degree of Salamanca. Outstanding laude 2010.
✓ Diploma of Advanced Studies in Dentistry USAL. 2010.
✓ Degree in Dentistry from the Complutense University (2000)DDS
✓ Medical specialist in Dentistry by OSEC-São Paulo (1992)
✓ Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Salamanca (1990)MD
• Lecturer of the Continuing Education of the Council of Dentists in the area of Laser and Phototherapy, since 2017.
• Professor of the Master of Laser in Dentistry (MLO) of the UB.
• Speaker in different Courses and Conferences, as well as Oral Communications in Congresses at national and international level in the area of laser and LEDs, HLLT (High Level Laser Theraphy) and PBM (Photobiomodulation).
• Co-author of the Clinical Protocols for the Use of Lasers in Dentistry.
• Published Articles: “The laser in the Orthodontic Consultation” RCOE, 2016, and “Photobiomodulation(PBM) and Acceleration orthodontic Movement: The New Tools”. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, October 2019. “Photobiomodulation: Improving our Treatments” Maxillaris, January 2020.
• Associate Professor University of Salamanca of the Degree in Dentistry. (Academic year 2015-16).
• Medical Director of the Dental Clinic 😉 in Benavente (Zamora) since 2000 and in Ledesma (Salamanca) since 1992, to the present.
• Responsible for the Areas of Laser Dentistry, Orthodontics and Orthopedics, Aesthetics and Occlusion.
• Clínica audits and Certified in the Quality Standard UNE 17-9001 from 2015 to the present.
Affiliate Member of the SELO since 2002, and member of the Board of Directors from2008 to the present.
Member of WCLI, since 2007.
Affiliate member of the WFLD-World Federation Laser Dentistry since 2008.
Member of EMDOLA ACADEMY since 2008.
Member of the WALT-World Association for Photobiomodulation Therapy since 2019.
Full Member of the STHEMQ-Spanish Society of Medical-Surgical Laser since 2019
Member of other Scientific Societies: SEDO, SEPA, SEDA AND SOCE.
Title: PHOTOBIOMODULATION(PBM) IN ONCOLOGY MUCOSITIS PEDIATRIC: In search of ideal clinical protocol.
Aim: The Multinational Association of suppportive Care in Cancer and the International society for Oral Oncology (MASCC/ISSO) AN THE European society for medical Oncology (ESMO) recommend this method for prevention and treatment in (OM). But the protocols are not yet in place. That is why our goal is to protocolize a guideline to apply to pediatric oncology children at the Hospital del Niño Jesús through the Aladina Foundation, and that this is viable to transfer and benefit other pediatric oncology patients.
Materials and Methods: This was a pilot study to evaluate the efficacy of Photobiommodulation therapy on chemotherapy- induced oral mucositis in children. We prioritize our goal in describing the effectiveness of PBM and its mechanisms of action for healing the mucositis. The second objective is to establish the advantages of the different wavelengths and the most favourable dosimetry. The last objective is to determine the scientific evidence that endorses the clinical protocol.
The first time we made a systematic review with the PRISMA guidelines. The search strategy was done by two authors in three major databases PubMed, Google Scholar an Cochrane Database. The search filters were included, Time 2008-2023 fifteen years. Language_ English and Full Text papers were relevant.
The MeSH terms Employed were, “Laser PBM”, OR “Low Level Laser Therapy” OR “Laser biomodulation” Or “Photobiommodulation” AND “Oral Mucositis” AND “Paediatric Oncology”. The eligibility Criteria was: Human Study, Randomized Controlled Trials, Age of patients between 0-18 years. The excluded Criteria was_ In vitro an animal’s studies, opinión or narrative papers, and systematic review.
The number the paper selected was 661 of wich when we applied our inclusion an exclusion criteria, we extracted data from the 7 of then that me tour criteria. Regarding the effectiveness of the use of LLT or PBM, the most of them included adults, other was excluded due to problems with dosimetry.
Results: Only one of the studies reviewed is a multicenter double-blind study with a control group that has been carried out in Italy, the rest of the studies present different biases, either because they cannot have a true control group, or because of the difficulty of the design to pass the ethics committee. We must also take into account the variability in terms of extraoral and intraoral techniques, and laser devices and LEDs.
Conclusion: With respect to the wavelength ideal all the authors are in agreement that NIR, 633 nm, 720nm has ideal in LEDs or PBM and 780 to 810 nm by diode laser, based in the Tina Karu works. The protocol used was more variable from with DE around 4J/cm². and power output between 10-150mW.